Toolkit for non-Annex I Parties on establishing and maintaining institutional arrangements for preparing national communications and biennial update reports
The Consultative Group of Experts on National Communications from Parties not included in Annex I to the Convention (CGE), in keeping with its mandate to provide technical assistance to non-Annex I Parties, has done a commendable job in developing training materials to facilitate non-Annex I Parties in meeting their reporting requirements under the Convention. This toolkit, developed on the basis of the CGE training materials, aims to assist non-Annex I Parties in establishing and maintaining the most suitable national institutional arrangements to meet the enhanced reporting requirements for their national communications and BURs, in terms of the quality of the content and the frequency of submission.
This toolkit is structured into the following five elements:
- Introduction – provides the context for the reporting requirements under the Convention;
- Purpose of institutional arrangements – highlights the importance of the institutional arrangements in meeting the reporting requirements;
- Building sustainable institutional arrangements – provides the key elements and considerations that are relevant for establishing and sustaining the efficient functioning of institutional arrangements;
- Best practices and lessons learned from the national communications process – contains key best practices and lessons learned by non-Annex I Parties in preparing and submitting their national communications which are relevant and beneficial for the reporting process going forward;
- Reporting – provides an overview of what could be reported on institutional arrangements in BURs.