What is the CBIT Global Coordination Platform?
The CBIT Global Coordination Platform is an online platform mandated by the GEF CBIT Programming Directions to improve peer learning and knowledge sharing among countries, agencies, and practitioners engaged in the development and implementation of projects funded by the Capacity-building Initiative for Transparency.
What is a focal point for a CBIT project?
The focal point is a person involved in the CBIT project activities in the country or region and assigned to manage the project page on the CBIT Global Coordination Platform. Every country with at least a concept note (PIF) approved for accessing CBIT funds has a project page on the CBIT Global Coordination Platform, which contains information about the CBIT project, general country information, information about capacity for transparency, and information about other transparency initiatives in the country.
Who should register as a focal point?
The person leading the implementation of the CBIT project should register as a focal point to the CBIT Platform. This person can either be the project manager hired for the project or a government representative, but it is important that the person has the time and mandate from the country (or agency, in case of regional projects) to update the information in the project page. If the project is still under design (before CEO endorsement), the focal point should be a person from the government, who is coordinating the transparency efforts in the country.
What are the technical or competency requirements for the focal point of a CBIT project?
No special technical skills or competences are required to fulfill the role of focal point of a CBIT project. It is only important that the focal point is well informed about the project and the ongoing transparency work in the country. To use the CBIT platform, the focal point will need a computer or mobile device with access to internet.
When should a project register a focal point?
We recommend registering a focal point when the project is created in the CBIT Platform, that is after the concept note (PIF) is approved.
How does one register as focal point of a CBIT project?
The registration process is very simple. Please follow the instructions contained in the Guidance for Focal Points.
What is expected from a focal point of a CBIT project?
The focal point is expected to update the information in the project page on a regular basis.
Detailed instructions on how to do this is contained in the Guidance for Focal Points.
The information to be provided by the focal point includes the following:
- Information about the implementation of the CBIT project activities
- Announcing events related to the project implementation, such as stakeholder inception workshop, technical meetings, and trainings (agenda, presentations, and photos can be uploaded)
- Uploading of project documents related to the implementation of the project, for example deliverables, reports, and any knowledge resources that are generated through the project activities
- For country projects: upload information about other transparency initiatives and projects in the country, and information about capacity needs and country's priorities for capacity-building
- For country projects: use the self-assessment tool for transparency capacity, to help determine capacity for implementing the enhanced transparency framework and identify capacity-building needs
Can the focal point of CBIT project change?
Yes, it is possible to change the focal point of a CBIT project. Please contact us and we will get back to you immediately.